THE INTERNATIONAL GAME PARK AND WILDLIFE ACT, 1973
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title and commencement
3. Establishment of International Game Park
4. Application of the 1968 Act
5. Transfer or assignment of powers, duties or functions by the Minister
6. Power to appoint wildlife officers and wildlife rangers
7. Establishment of Advisory Committee
8. Composition of Advisory Committee
9. Functions and duties of Advisory Committee
SCHEDULE-Areas of land
INTERNATIONAL GAME PARK AND WILDLIFE
An Act to provide for the establishment of the International Game Park; save where it is expressly provided to the contrary in this Act, to apply the provisions of the National Parks and Wildlife Act thereto; to provide for transfer or assignment of all or any of the powers, duties or functions conferred or imposed upon the Minister and the Director under the said Act; to provide for the appointment of wildlife officers and wildlife rangers; to provide for the establishment, composition, functions and duties of an Advisory Committee in
place of the National Parks Board; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[15th, August, 1973]
1. This Act may be cited as the International Game Park and Wildlife Act.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
"lessee" means the person to whom the International Game Park is let on a lease;
"specified period" means the period for which the International Game Park is let on a lease to the lessee;
"Act" means the National Parks and Wildlife Act. Cap.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Act, the President may, by statutory order, declare any one or more of the areas of land within the Republic and mentioned in the Schedule to be a National Park, thereafter to be known as the International Game Park, and may, in like manner, define, alter or extend its limits.
4. Subject to the provisions of this Act, the provisions of the Act and the rules, regulations and orders made thereunder shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the International Game Park as they apply to any other National Park within the Republic.
5. (1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Act, or in any other written law, and subject to the provisions of subsection (2), the Minister may, by statutory instrument, for the specified period transfer or assign to the lessee-
(a) all or any of the powers, duties or functions conferred or imposed upon him by the Act;
(b) all or any the powers, duties or functions conferred or imposed upon the Directors of Wildlife, Fisheries and National Parks by the Act.
(2) The powers, duties or functions which are transferred or assigned under paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (1) shall be exercised only for the purposes of administering the International Game Park, carrying out the provisions of the Act and of this Act, but for no other purpose.
6. (1) For the purposes of this Act, the lessee shall have the power to engage during the specified period wildlife officers and wildlife rangers who shall, to all intents and purposes, be the servants or agents of the lessee.
(2) The wildlife officers and wildlife rangers engaged pursuant to subsection (1) shall exercise such functions and perform such duties as are conferred upon wildlife officers and honorary wildlife rangers under the provisions of the Act, or as are delegated or assigned to them by the lessee.
7. For the purposes of this Act, there shall be established during the specified period an Advisory Committee in place of the National Parks Board mentioned in section eleven of the Act.
8. The members of the Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the lessee, subject to the prior written approval of the Minister.
9. The Advisory Committee shall, in respect of the International Game Park, exercise such functions and perform such duties as are conferred upon the National Parks Board under the Act.
AREAS OF LAND
Blue Lagoon, Lunga-Luswishi, Mweru Marsh National Park, Lusenga, Lavushi-Manda, Sichifula, Mumbwa East, Lukusuzi, Luano Liuwa Plain and Isangano.
(As amended by S.I. No. 37 of 1983)