View Procedure

Procedure NameExport Permit requirement for Fish and Fish Products


Export Permit for Fish and Fish Products from the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock

Responsible Agency       

Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries 

Address:  The Permanent Secretary

                Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock.

                Mulungushi House

                P O Box 50060



Legal base of the Procedure

The Fisheries Act, 2011

Fee   The validity period for all associated permits, licenses is 30 days

Associated Permits, Licences Etc.


Import and Export Permits (Fishery and Livestock related)

ZMW 52.50

Required Documents


Type of information



Application Form

Process Steps

Step 1

The Trader makes a request for product exportation status from the receiving officer. Once this is approved, the receiving officer then issues an application form.

Step 2

The Trader completes and submits an application form along with the relevant supporting documents. 

Step 3

 The approving section processes the application and approves it. 

Step 4

The applicant pays the processing fee and is issued with a receipt. 

Step 5

The issuing section processes the application and issues the Export Permit.

Step 6 

A copy of the permit and related information are kept for record-keeping.

Step 7 The applicant may proceed with the next steps to import the goods.



The following form/s are used in this procedure
TitleDescriptionCreated DateUpdated DateIssued By
Application for a fisheries and livestock Export Permit08-11-201918-02-2020Ministry of Fisheries and LivestockThis is Dowload File
This procedure applies to the following measures
NameMeasure TypeAgencyDescriptionCommentsLegal DocumentValidity ToMeasure Class
Export Permit requirement for Fish and Fish Products Permit RequirementMinistry of Fisheries and Livestock(Department of Fisheries)In order to export any fish or fish product out of Zambia, an export permit from the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock is required.Fish or fish products cannot be exported out of Zambia without a permit from the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock.The Fisheries Act, 201109-09-9999Good