View Procedure

Procedure NameFertiliser or Farm Feed containing bones or any other substances derived from animal carcasses Import Permit


Import Permit

Responsible Agency       

The Ministry of Agriculture (Agribusiness and Marketing)

Address:   Mulungushi house,Independene Ave.
P.O. BOX 50197, ,Lusaka
Fax: +260 250305

Phone: +260 01-253933


Legal base of the Procedure

The Agriculture (Fertilisers and Feed) Act, 1970


 Application Fee: ZMW 52.50

ZMW 52.5 per Metric Tonne of commodity being imported

Required Documents


Type of information



Application Form

Required documents
2 Certificate of Analysis from country of origin
3 Application fee proof of payment

Process Steps

Step 1

The applicant must be in possesion of a certifice of analysis from exporting country stating that such fertiliser or farm feed is free from such pathogenic organisms as are specified in the Agriculture (Fertilisers and Feed) Act of 1970.

Step 2

The applicant must complete and submit the application form along with supporting documentation and pay application fee.

Step 3

 The issuing section processes the application with all the correct documentation.

Step 4

The Minister verifies the submitted documentation and approves issue of the Import Permit if documentation received is compliant with the law.

Step 5

The issuing section then issues the Import Permit.

Step 6  A copy of the permit and related information are filed for record-keeping.
Step 7

The applicant proceeds to collect the permit.


The following form/s are used in this procedure
TitleDescriptionCreated DateUpdated DateIssued By
Application for an agricultural import permit12-11-201923-03-2020Ministry of Agriculture (Department of Agribusiness & Marketing)This is Dowload File
This procedure applies to the following measures
NameMeasure TypeAgencyDescriptionCommentsLegal DocumentValidity ToMeasure Class
Importation requirement for fertiliser or farm feed containing bone or any other substance derived from animal carcassesPermit RequirementMinistry of Agriculture (Department of Agribusiness & Marketing)In order to import fertiliser or farm feed which contains bone or any other substance derived from animal carcasses, a person must have authority from the Minister of Agriculture.No fertiliser or farm feed containing bone or any other substance derived from animal carcasses can be imported into Zambia without authority from the Minister of Agriculture.The Agriculture (Fertilisers and Feed) Act, 197009-09-9999Good